Our Harley Days
Our Rides... Our Adventures... Our Family and Friends...
Traveling free and easy down a road that never ends...

Saturday, May 31, 2008

First Patriot Guard Experience

May 31, 2008
Fort Collins, CO

Wichita Falls, Texas -- While in Texas recently, I had the privilege of witnessing a Welcome Home ceremony for troops returning from Iraq. Members of the Patriot Guard formed a flag-line inside the airport lobby in Wichita Falls. My Dad is a member of the Patriot Guard. I stood beside a man anxiously waiting for his nephew who was returning from his second tour of duty. Once they were united, I took their picture with the man's camera. I also witnessed another soldier greet his baby son for the very first time.

Seeing soldiers walk down an aisle of American flags to greet friends and loved ones was an awesome and moving experience. I am proud to be an American and even more proud of Dad for his involvement with this group of patriotic individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ride safe. Ride free. Thanks for visiting Our Harley Days. Your feedback is appreciated. -V- P.S. All comments are moderated - spammers get your jollies elsewhere.