Our Harley Days
Our Rides... Our Adventures... Our Family and Friends...
Traveling free and easy down a road that never ends...

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lost my motorcycle cherry...

August 17, 2008
Fort Collins, CO

I am no longer a bitch virgin (according to my neighbor, LeAnn that's a woman - ok - bitch - who has never ridden on the back of a motorcycle). I lost my cherry and I am now a bitch in training. LOL!

Tim came in from work, after three days of monsoon rains, the weather was fine, the sun was shining, so we suited up and went for a ride. Our neighbors come running out of their house about the time I got the leg up and over the bike (third try) and got some pics but we haven't seen them yet. I'll get them up on the blog when I have them in hand. We took a short drive, just over 27 miles. Tim took it easy (trying not to scare me he says) but riding with a load on the back was new for him, too. After I relaxed a bit, I began to almost enjoy it. This is gonna be fun!

I didn't want to believe it, but I'm here to tell ya -- it took the last bit of nerve I could muster to get on that bike. I knew I would have some issues... the best way to describe it is apprehensive or quaking or maybe a better word is petrified. Tim may have a few claw marks on his love handles - LOL! Honestly, I had no clue where I was at both mentally and physically. It's hard for me to admit, but I still have a ways to go in both regards. Not to worry - I'm workin' on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ride safe. Ride free. Thanks for visiting Our Harley Days. Your feedback is appreciated. -V- P.S. All comments are moderated - spammers get your jollies elsewhere.