Our Harley Days
Our Rides... Our Adventures... Our Family and Friends...
Traveling free and easy down a road that never ends...

Monday, August 25, 2008

A month ago...

August 25, 2008
Fort Collins, CO

Last month on this day, about this time, I sat with about 35 new stitches and a black eye with a new bruise showing every minute or two on the rest of me. I wrecked my new Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 - July 25, 2008, eight days after I took delivery on it.

I'm recovering slowly but surely. I'm sorry to report, the bike is a total loss.

The stitches are out, the eight inch gash on my right forearm is almost finished closing up, but I have a ways to go with mobility. I'm still a little scabby. I still have a few bruises here and there. I have a thumb on the left hand that's still mostly out of sorts, at least with what I'd like for it to do. I do have new specs. The cut (3 stitches) over my eye and the scrapes on my face, while still visible are healed.

At present, I'm trying to get my energy and strength back. That's my main focus. Everything else will come on-line as that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ride safe. Ride free. Thanks for visiting Our Harley Days. Your feedback is appreciated. -V- P.S. All comments are moderated - spammers get your jollies elsewhere.