Our Harley Days
Our Rides... Our Adventures... Our Family and Friends...
Traveling free and easy down a road that never ends...

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It was only supposed to be a Test Ride

April 28, 2010
Fort Collins, CO

Test Ride It was supposed to be a test ride.

That's right. Tim had never ridden a motorcycle with a fairing so he had Ray the salesman make an appointment last weekend to test drive one at Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson today. So, Tim took a police model Ultra Classic out for a quick spin, then came back to pick me up for a short ride. It was a pleasant ride, lots of extras, pretty comfy. I didn't think much more about it other than it was fun and now Tim's curiosity was satisfied. We might think about getting one later on down the road.

Next thing I know, we're having Thunder Mountain run the numbers on a 2010 Ultra Classic!

Now, you know how it works - right? He works and makes the money to pay the bills but I am the one who actually pays the bills and I handle the budget and the finances. So, while the H-D finance guys are running the numbers, we are agreeing we'll do what we always do when we buy something big. I swear I got a nod of agreement from Tim although I remember a dull glaze in his eyes. Anyway, I communicate to the vultures what the numbers should be, he backs me up on it. I say to the vultures, we better sleep on it, he backs me up on it. Oh wait! He did not back me up on it!

Next thing I know, we're sitting in the sales manager's office with a pile of papers in front of us!

Vik-Tim-New Ride Tim, the Traitor is sitting there with this shit-eating grin on his face - no other way to describe it folks - and the finance manager is saying blah-blah-blah-blah-blah that's coming across like a dull roar in my ear, all the while I am trying to process that we will not be riding home on the Heritage... ever again.

Next thing I know, Tim is banging the gong and we are having our photo taken with a new Harley.

Next thing I know after that, we're riding off on the new Harley with the stereo blaring Bon-Jovi... on a steel horse I ride - wanted dead or alive. I kid you not.





We put 107 honeymoon miles on the New Ride which shall henceforth be known as The Ride and the Heritage will be forever known now as the Old Ride. Stay tuned... we're gonna have some fun this Summer.

Here are a few more pics...

1 comment:

  1. A few comments we received about The Ride
    Mike: Dats purdy!
    Charlie: Beautiful ride! Wow! I bet they love it and can't wait to ride it down here to see everyone.
    Nubbin: WOW!! Tim will never get her off that ultra now!
    John: THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL BIKE.. SURE IS SHINY. I AM SO HAPPY FOR THEM!!!
    Gary: That's a great picture. Is that their bike?
    Joe: LOOKING GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ray: That's a great looking couple!! Bike's not bad either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    John again: JUST SAW THE PIC OF YOUR NEW BIKE. THAT ULTRA IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I THINK YOU ARE GONNA BE A LOT MORE COMFORTABLE ON THE SEAT THAT ON "THE RIDE". JANICE RODE ON ONE AND SAID IT WAS LIKE RIDING IN A RECLINER...I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY FOR YOU AND I KNOW YOU WILL HAVE MANY, MANY GREAT RIDES ON THE NEW BIKE. WHAT DID YOU NAME IT? RIDE SAFE
    Tina: so that's how you got over my visit you go out and buy a new bike!!!!!! What a great new ride. Now I have to come back for another ride!!!!!
    Kimberly: Oh shit man! I LOVE IT!!! Very happy for you two! I'll be thinking of you on our nice days ahead! :D
    Charlie again: What a ride! Your folks sent me email with the pic! I'm happy for you and envious as can be; enjoy it and ride it southeast one of these days!
    Donna: What a wonderful ride.
    Ann: Congratulations on your new Harley !
    Nancy: Wow........looks great. You did say 'intercom'? How about a pc? How about riding it to Oklahoma?

    ReplyDelete

Ride safe. Ride free. Thanks for visiting Our Harley Days. Your feedback is appreciated. -V- P.S. All comments are moderated - spammers get your jollies elsewhere.