Our Harley Days
Our Rides... Our Adventures... Our Family and Friends...
Traveling free and easy down a road that never ends...

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Request for perfect last words about a biker...

August 17, 2010
Colorado, USA

I received this comment yesterday on a post from earlier in the year called Biker Poetry which is a biker poem called Waitin' for the Ride by Ann Weyant - March 24, 2010

Anonymous said...
My dad loved his Harley's, he loved to ride. He taught me how to ride at 7 years old. I lost my dad August 1, 2010. He went out of this world riding his harley, now I am looking for help to write the perfect inscription on my daddy's headstone. Please help. jes.long@yahoo.com


-V- said...
I am deeply sorry for your loss... my thinking is: Your Dad -- Loved Harleys. Loved to ride. Went out of this world riding his Harley... if there is any justice in this world and the next I'd like to think the road on the other side is one, long beautiful ride...

One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. ~~ Henry Miller

If anyone has any words that fit - let's hear 'em.

2 comments:

  1. I'm terribly sorry about your loss. To borrow from an article in HOG, I'd say your Dad is "Ridin' toward clear skies and sunny days within the lovin' arms of God."

    May he rest in peace always.

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually already have the perfect one yourself:
    "He went out of this world riding his Harley."
    A few other inscriptions:
    "Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't."
    "Never hesitate to ride past the last street light at the edge of town."
    "Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."
    "He's riding with Jesus now."
    "Hope to ride with you on the other side."
    "He died doing what he loved - riding his Harley."

    ReplyDelete

Ride safe. Ride free. Thanks for visiting Our Harley Days. Your feedback is appreciated. -V- P.S. All comments are moderated - spammers get your jollies elsewhere.