Our Harley Days
Our Rides... Our Adventures... Our Family and Friends...
Traveling free and easy down a road that never ends...

Monday, July 21, 2008

Harley Day 4 and Other Musings

July 21, 2008
Fort Collins, CO

I had to share this: I read my horoscope darn near every day. I've done so since I was a kid. I've always said any sort of divination is nothing more than putting a voice to what already exists in your head. Sometimes my horoscope simply makes me think about things that otherwise may not have crossed my mind that day. Sometimes it is mostly a bunch of hooey. Occasionally though it rings true in a way that's hard to ignore...

This is my horoscope for today: You may feel as if one portion of your life is passing away -- and you aren't entirely sad to see it go. If you have been floating along this summer, waiting for what's next, here it comes. It's like expecting visitors, yet you don't know who they are or when they will arrive. Still, there is much to do before the party begins, so get busy.

I think this Harley is what's next!

Harley Day 4: It was one cup of coffee and off to the parking lot at the high school again. Today found me making left hand circles again, starting and stopping. Still in first gear. I was a little sore and wobbly from my tumble yesterday, but not enough to keep me from doing what I need to do.

There is a little more work involved in riding a motorcycle than what it first appears. There are lots of things to think about that are all happening simultaneously, but it is interesting and fun and a great challenge. Before you know it I'll be out on the streets.

For now, I'm content to ride in a parking lot with great advice and suggestions from Dad over the phone and under Tim's watchful eye. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Here's a couple of pics Tim took today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ride safe. Ride free. Thanks for visiting Our Harley Days. Your feedback is appreciated. -V- P.S. All comments are moderated - spammers get your jollies elsewhere.