Our Harley Days
Our Rides... Our Adventures... Our Family and Friends...
Traveling free and easy down a road that never ends...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Ride Goes to a Tea Party

April 15, 2009
Fort Collins, CO

When you saddle up on a Harley - destination Tea Party is not what springs immediately to mind. But that's where The Ride brought Tim earlier today. He joined me at the park where the Fort Collins Tax Day Tea Party was held. We met many like-minded people today, including several bikers. About 2500 attended our local Tea Party, from all walks of life and all age groups. It was a good day to be an American. But... aren't they all?

Wichita Falls, TX -- This is Dad (Ted) getting ready to attend the Tax Day Tea Party in my hometown. He and Kenny were among five to six hundred patriots on the court house lawn of Wichita Falls, Texas. Of course, they rode to the festivities on their Made in the USA Harleys. Says Kenny: Went with GIF's hubby to tea party today didn't get no tea but got apple cobbler and ice cream later mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm If patriotism were the disease that some folks think it is -- well, I reckon this [good ol' Dad] is where I got it.

3 comments:

  1. I quit watching the news because the six idiots (obama, pelosi, boxer, reid, feinstein & the democratic controlled congress)get me so pissed off I get hostile and I start talking to the TV and throwing crap at it. They aren't even worth the effort it takes to capitalize their names. Said all that to say this: if I would have watched the news, you can bet your last dollar I would of been at the Tea Party. I just found out about it today!! Along with the Tea Party, let's all band together and call for a special election and get all those morons out of office in Washington, starting with the so called president, before we are all totally screwed and the country ceases to be free....Can you feel my anger growing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I feel you J... I am glad I'm not the only one talking to my TV set these days - I suggest switching from network news to FOX News if you can get it. If not, they are on-line and posting real news and real commentary for real people about what Americans should be hearing and seeing and if you get bored, you can check in with the Dissident Daughter (guess who?) once in a while at: http://dissentingtimes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on the new blog and it is now on my Favorites list. I get mad at Fox News too. Not at the reporters or actually Fox News per se, but rather the idiots they interview that won't even answer a simple yes or no question. And it is usually one of the six idiots listed above or a follower and believer in them and the party that is destroying America. Dang, I just punched my monitor at the mere thought of the jerks...But I do get comfort in knowing that what goes around, comes around... I salute you, members of the Tea Party...

    ReplyDelete

Ride safe. Ride free. Thanks for visiting Our Harley Days. Your feedback is appreciated. -V- P.S. All comments are moderated - spammers get your jollies elsewhere.